June, 4, 2022
Do it yourself Mosquito Control
As summer time approaches, mosquitoes become more active and start reproducing at a rapid rate. Houston area residents see an increase in mosquito activity from April to September each year. Lets look at how to protect ourselves from mosquito bite by controlling mosquito breeding.
Keep Mosquitoes Out of Your Home and Yard:
- Repair window and door screens
- Eliminate mosquito shelters in your yard
- Mow grass and tall weeds
- Cut back shrubs and vines
- Treat in shaded areas with a professional pest control application or DIY spray treatment
- Remove tires and junk
Dump, Drain or Change Water:
- Dump or drain water to eliminate egg laying sites.
- Change water regularly in a dog dish, bird bath or plant pot to eliminate nutrients.
- Eliminate any place where water can collect and be retained for 7-10 days, especially when there is organic matter present, such as soil or leaves.
When Water Can’t be Dumped or Drained:
- Use a larvicide for homeowners such as Mosquito DunksⓇ or the Mosquito TorpedoⓇ that are based on Bacillus thuringiensis israeliensis (Bti), a bacterium that produces proteins that are toxic for certain fly larvae.
- These products have little effect on the environment and lower impact than adulticides.
- They are also safe for non-target insects and mammals.
- They are usually effective for up to 30 days.
- The labels describe how these products should be used and how long each product lasts.
What if I still have Mosquitoes around my House?
- You may Contact pest control company like Conquest Pest Control for a professional inspection of your property. Professional technicians use several different methods to kill adult mosquitoes and eliminate breeding sites.
- If your house is near a water detention pond, or large body of water, it is highly recommended to treat your yard every 3 weeks to keep mosquitoes away.
Content Source: https://agrilifeextension.tamu.edu/browse/mosquito-control/home-yard/
Categories: Common Pest
Time to Plan Pest Destruction
AREA WE SERVE!
- MISSOURI CITY